** Paid Review **I know a lot of people want to come to the UK to experience the culture (and night-life!) but many find it hard to get a job placement simply because it's easier for most companies in the UK to hire locally.
If you're from another country and you want to visit England on a more than 2 week basis you really need to take a look at Intern Town. They provide a portal for people from all around the world to find a placement as an intern for UK companies.
An intern is an unpaid position but there are many great advantages to being one,
- It will be an excellent addition to your CV.
- It will allow you to explore an industry that you have always wanted to get involved with.
- With some companies it is the ONLY way you can get your foot in the door
- Employers will see that you're interested in their industry
- Internships can lead directly to paid employment.
- Some companies help by providing accomodation to interns
- You may qualify for funding from your university
- Employers may offer you a monthly salary if you show promise
At the Intern Town site you can register for free and soon you could be like :
Andres from Spain -
I have really enjoyed my internship, especially as it was my first proper job in the UK. I had been working as a chef and kitchen porter before this but this is proper work.or Steffie from Germany -
I have really improved my English. Moving to a new country and culture also makes you more independent. Because of the work, I have learnt technical English while having a lot of fun in the office. The internship has also given me great work experience (which looks good on the CV) and a chance to make friends abroad!Intern Town also take registrations from companies who have internships to offer, companies have found interns to be a valuable asset to their workforce and many offer the right people permanent paid positions after the internship has finished.
Check them out at www.interntown.com
** end paid review **